I’m knees-deep in code and wait for new provisioning profiles from Apple to release an app for Mac next week. Fingers crossed!
Meanwhile, I wanted to care for my recently updated Calendar Paste 2 more and reach out to bloggers and the press to increase coverage.
Since this is a problem all indies have to deal with, I thought: why not share my e-mail template?
My Calendar Paste pitch template
Subject: With Calendar Paste, you never need to write the same event details twice
Hi [first name],
Calendar Paste 2 helps save time entering tasks which look the same but can’t be put on a recurring schedule. With it, you create calendar event templates to prepare events once only.
It closes the gap of missing copy & paste on the iPhone calendar.
Here’s the gist of the app:
- Save time scheduling shift work, on-call duties, and irregularly recurring events.
- Productivity folks like Eddie Smith of Practical Efficiency and Brett Terpstra use it a lot.
- Create event templates to store all the details for later, then paste it into your calendar at a specific time.
Press kit: http://calendarpasteapp.com/presskit
Your personal promo code: [promo code]
My most recent changes:
- I began to try this subject line just this week. Lately, I used the lame “App review request: Calendar Paste - event templates for iPhone” or something similar.
- I also sticked to plain text mails in the past, which could’ve been a mistake. We’ll see!
- I’ve tweaked the intro paragraph according to recent tips at appmasters.co.
I’ll share details once I know more about the effects.
What worked for you in the past?
Browse the blog archive