As I have announced last week, I’m going to move a lot of my Zettelkasten-related writing to the project website at zettelkasten.de. To deal with my forgetfulness, I have learned to install useful habits and techniques into my life. I believe you have to have a working task management in place which watches your back while you do hard work, like researching and writing. Task management is there to keep real life at bay. You need both to succeed. My journey as a knowledge worker and writer began when I finally got stuff done.
Hi, I’m Christian. I do this stuff:
The Latest Post
The Word Counter (Mac)
visit the Word Counter Website
What gets measured gets accomplished. A writer should write, so here’s the Word Counter to count what counts: how many words you write each day. Measure your output to increase your productivity as a writer.
Buy online for $5.99 instead of the regular $10.99
- Why is counting words important?
- Get immediate feedback on your productivity as a writer by glancing at the daily total count increase.
- See how you distribute your productivity: the Word Counter shows which app got the most of your attention.
- Boost your motivation by taking a look at how well you achieve your goals.
Zettelkasten Method e-book
The Zettelkasten Method teaches you how to manage your knowledge so you can think creatively and write with ease. I’ve got an e-book in the making.
Calendar Paste 2
Imagine you could paste events in your iPhone Calendar app! Calendar Paste 2 is an event template builder for iPhone/iPod Touch so you can organize recurring events painlessly.
With it you will:
- Save time creating irregularly recurring events like shift work,
- Prepare calendar event templates to stop repeating yourself,
- Set-up your Pomodoro work sprints, or
- Quickly create events with odd durations.
These are projects I currently don’t attend to.
I tweaked Notational Velocity to support me during my university studies and my knowledge work. Notational Velocity became my main hypertextual tool to store references/take notes/jot down ideas/organize myself. Currently, its development is halted.